John 6:66-68 (NLT) 66 At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him. 67 Then Jesus turned to the Twelve and asked, “Are you also going to leave?” 68 Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You (alone) have the words that give eternal life.”
As I look back over 2013, I am thankful that I said Yes. Yes to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to follow HIM – no matter where the road would take me. I remember clearly hearing “Serve Me” while I was in my quiet time seeking the Lord’s next steps for my life. It seemed odd to my ears since I felt like I was already serving Him. You see, I was faithful to my church’s Sunday Morning services and Wednesday Evening Ladies Bible Study and any other event that our church was offering.
As I read my Bible, Genesis 50:20 jumped off the pages into my mind and heart.
Genesis 50:20 Good News Translation (GNT) You plotted evil against me, but God turned it into good, in order to preserve the lives of many people who are alive today because of what happened.
For me the “person” who had plotted evil was our old enemy the devil – the accuser of God’s children. (Revelation 12:10) I shared this with my beloved fiancé as I felt in my heart that this scripture I received was somehow for both of us. I went back and read the whole story of Joseph again with fresh eyes and a restored heart.
Here were the highlights:
- Joseph was a dreamer, who shared with his family.
- Joseph was serving his father when he went down to check on his brothers. His brothers then threw him in a pit and sold him to slave traders.
- Joseph then was serving in Potiphar’s home when the woman of the house falsely accused Joseph of attempted rape. Joseph then went to prison.
- Joseph served his fellow prisoners
- Joseph interpreted dreams while he was serving in the prison. Though his interpretations came true, promises were not kept to help get Joseph out of prison.
- Joseph kept serving man and God in spite of his circumstances. Then God moved on the Egyptian king’s heart and disturbed his sleep with dreams that he did not understand. God gave Joseph the interpretation and it was God that brought deliverance to Joseph.
You see because Joseph served God all out – His life sacrifice turned into healing for his own family and the salvation of many, many others. Even his brothers that had first thrown him into the pit and started the many years of servitude and bondage in prison received forgiveness. This began a new time of fellowship and relationship with their brother Joseph who now ruled under Pharaoh.
My beloved Warrior Husband (Donnie) and I began 2013 saying YES to God and YES to marriage. Entering into a covenant of love and commitment as husband and wife and The Great Mystery where 1+1+1=1. God then birthed this gift in us – All For HIM Ministries.
God has begun a work in us that He will be faithful to complete (Philippians 1:6); I am confident that in 2014 we (Donnie and I ) will see many come to know the Love of God, families restored and great victories in the lives of inmates as we move forward inside and outside of prison walls – Withholding Nothing from our God!
Sincerely Warrior Bride of Christ,
Mrs. Donnie W. Ojemann,
All I am, All For HIM!